We're often asked what it's like to be a d.school fellow. The emotions are...complex, and best explained in a listicle. (Also, d.school fellowship applications close May 16, by the way.)
1. The moment you meet the absurdly qualified group of people you will spend the next 10 months with.
2. When you sign up for everything on campus in the first week, then look at Google calendar
3. Every time you hold a revolutionary heads-down work session with your fellow fellow
4. When you meet really cool graduate students and faculty...and show them what you're working on
5. When you get more applicants for your class than you can possibly accept...
6. ...and then you hold your first lecture in that class
7. When you get transformational feedback on your project, and then are sent to re-enter a morass of project uncertainty
8. When you realize that the people you've met will be with you long after the fellowship
9. The exact moment you're released back into the world in June