Let's #dchat: d.school to host first #dchat at 6pm PT

dchat-promo Update: Our pals over at @k12lab host #dtk12chat once a week, so be sure to check that out Wednesdays at 6pm PT!

We get a lot of questions at the d.school. A lot. People want to learn everything from how we work, to how they might collaborate with us to how they could create a d.school-like environment in their own context.

It's time we talked, so let's do it!

On Tuesday, Oct. 29 we're hosting our first chat on Twitter: #dchat.

This is an opportunity to talk with members of the d.school about whatever's on your mind in the realm of design thinking and creative confidence, and at the d.school in general. Our Director of Fellowships, Justin Ferrell, will be leading the discussion. And we'll be bringing along a few of the project fellows to participate, as well.

You may be wondering: How do I follow this? Do I have to be at the d.school to participate? What if I don't know what design thinking's all about? Let's take them one by one:

How do I follow the chat?

If you're familiar with Twitter, we'll be using the hashtag #dchat. So, if you follow that hashtag, you'll be able to follow the discussion. Will there be side-discussions? Of course. But all of our tweets regarding the chat with answers to your questions and discussion prompts will feature this hashtag.

Do I have to be at the d.school to participate?

Nope! Grab a cup of your favorite beverage, put your feet up, log on to Twitter and join us. It's as easy as that.

What if I don't know what design thinking is?

All the more reason to join us!  In the meantime, you can check out this online crash course.

What if I miss it? Where can I find the chat transcript?

We'll be collecting answers to questions and doing a "best of" list on Wednesday here on the whiteboard.

This sounds familiar? Where have I seen this model before?

One of our favorite online conversations is #wjchat. It's a wonderful conversation that carves a space in the Twittersphere every Wednesday at 5pm PT. If you're interested, please check it out.